The AFN is a professional special interest group for acupuncturists dedicated to supporting those with fertility issues.
If you are thinking about seeking treatment for either natural or assisted conception then please, visit our membership list, to find a practitioner in your area.
What is the AFN?
Membership to the AFN indicates a special interest in the use of traditional acupuncture in the treatment of fertility. All AFN practitioners have done integrated postgraduate-level training in gynaecology, with a specific emphasis on training to support assisted protocols.
AFN membership denotes a commitment to ongoing post graduate study in the areas of gynaecology and fertility, working to maintain an updated understanding of current treatment practices.
- “unexplained infertility”
- pre-conception care
- assisted conception support
- low sperm parameters: count, motility, morphology
- ovulation issues
- menstrual cycle irregularities
- recurrent miscarriage
Any practitioner members of the bodies listed below are well qualified to treat in support of fertility issues. AFN members are practitioners who have chosen to also undertake study specific to assisted conception and had integrated training.
Members are all post graduate, and have qualified after a minimum 3-year course of study, and are practitioner members of:
- BAcC, British Acupuncture Council
- BMAS, British Medical Acupuncture Society
- ATCM, Association of Traditional Chinese Medicine
- ETCMA, European Traditional Chinese Medicine Association
- or an equivalent recognised body:
- Dip.Ac.UK, Cert Nanjing, BSc Hons TCM, BM Beijing TCM
If you are an acupuncturist interested in joining the AFN, please click here.